7.17.2010

walk and . . .

talk/receive therapy from Jenny. 

that was last night and it was helpful in so many ways.

She mentioned the phrase "emotional trigger" a lot and it stuck with me. 

I asked google for the definition of trigger as I decided I would do my own research on the importance of the word.  It vomited out a few pertinent definitions:


a. The lever pressed by the finger to discharge a firearm. (emphasis added)
b. An event that precipitates other events.
c. To set off; initiate.
d. To fire or explode.


Yeah . . . i would say that the word trigger does the emotional world justice when describing the events that lead to destructive behavior.

I have plenty of emotional triggers. PLENTY.  but I think the next step after learning the bulk of triggers we have is to understand how these triggers lead to the demolition of our emotional being.  If I don't put my finger on the trigger, there is NO way that bullet is going to fire out on its own.

know what your triggers are, where they are found, and how to avoid them at all costs.

emotional healing 101.

No comments: