11.27.2009

Thank you. . .

I am grateful most for the one who I give all of my thanks to. God. He is everywhere. I thank him for being my Heavenly Father. I feel like I must pay my tribute to Utah this Thanksgiving seeing as it will no longer be my home.

I'm starting to wig out about leaving Utah indefinitely. I only have 2 weeks left and every time I mention it to someone I'm close to (family, or best friends) they all have the same response: "I don't want to talk about it!" It puts tears into my eyes every time I hear it. I forget over and over again that this isn't just a vacation but could ultimately be permanent (for now at least).

Family:

I haven't really left my house much this past week because I am trying to soak it all up. The memories, the smells, the FOOD, the presence of the most loving parents in the world, my INCREDIBLE bedroom and bathroom. It's so hard to leave.

My Mom and I were talking and she mentioned her greatest fear with it all. "I keep thinking how you may never come back. This may be your last time living in Utah." bawl fest right?? "You are the last straw holding this family close together." she continued. The "A" Team is living in Wisconsin, Jenny: (the great) is helping people to help themselves while making herself even more perfect, Chris and Michelle are raising their 2 adorable chillun in North Salt Lake, and now I'm off to pursue music in California with dreams so large and far out, with a heart that has little fear that I may never be back in Utah.

I am so lucky to have the knowledge that my family and I will be together beyond this world. They will be there with me when we are done with this beautiful earthly challenge.

Friends:

Anyone would call me crazy to leave a place where my friends reside. They are not average friends, they are not friends, they are my soul sisters. They keep me going and keep me thinking. I am so curious to see how I survive with out them because I didn't think it was possible. It's probably a good thing. They'll all run off and get married, go on missions, or take the world by storm. California is a blessing in so many arenas including this one. I can't stand to see my friends leave so I'll leave them first!! It's like an immature break up in middle school. and I am the immature one, yep, I'm happy about it.

The Place:

Dear Utah, although I complain about your horrid precipitation every time it comes around, I want you to know that it is much appreciated during Christmas. I will miss your "in my face" mountains, your fresh cold air, and your 4 consistent seasons. I'm happy to know that I can always come back to you, although I probably won't want to :).

Wrap up:

So now I will go downstairs and turn on music while my mom and I decorate our house with Christmas cheer before I leave.

I love (most) everything about this place, and I know I will love it even more once I don't have it, but I must go on and learn to love another area of this huge world.


No comments: