10.20.2009

InGrid. . .

wandered over to my hood and played me some sweet, sweet, melodies. Seriously though? This woman came out with her 7-man band and began playing "Soldier", the first song on her new album "Everybody" and my excitement mounted until I stood there: silently weeping. It was a PHENOMENAL show. Everything about her was perfect, down to her sweet headband that slicked back her matted hair. I wish you all could have been there with me. Singing along. Laughing at her hilarious jokes. and soaking in her deep soul. She sang a song about Mexican food and broke out into "Ice Ice Baby" followed by the "Fresh Prince" theme song. It was BY FAR one of the best concerts I have ever been to.

I stood there at moments and had goosebumps running up my arms and butterflies patting at my stomach just imagining how awesome it will be to play at "In the Venue" with people who have been changed through my very own music.

Ingrid has no idea what "Soldier" has done for me these past 2 months as I cried like a baby, and I can't wait to provide others with the same amount of peace and strength through the amazing power of music.

Much thanks my beautiful little idol. I hope to return the favor someday.

No comments: